Talent Assessment Process
business consulting psychologists.
Congratulations on Being Selected for this Process!
While this process is a great opportunity for us to get to know you better, we understand that you may want to know more about us as well. We are a firm of doctoral-level assessors that has specialized for over 30 years in the field of job fit assessments in the areas of selection and development. To learn more about us individually, we encourage you to check out our ‘Meet the Team’ page or feel free to call us for more information.
As part of this assessment process, the below outlines the typical sequence of events you can anticipate:
- Communication from Manager or HR Partner
- Email and/or Phone call from SKS to introduce the process
- Email invite with welcome communication, instructions, and link to online testing
- Online Exercises (more on these exercises outlined below)
- Work Simulations (remote or onsite – more on this exercise outlined below)
- Interview (remote or onsite – more on this exercise outlined below)
- Feedback Session (available after all hiring or placement decisions final – more on this below)
What is the purpose of the assessment?
What will I do during the assessment?
The process includes one or more of several possible components. These assessment components may include:
- An interview by a psychologist with broad-based expertise in working with organizations at all levels.
- Inventories that provide information about your personality, interests, and work styles. The inventories yield profiles that are highly job-related and are not intended to search for personal information. The nature and duration of each exercise will be explained through an assessment link, which you will receive via email from SKS.
- Exercises that measure reasoning ability. These provide insights regarding your thinking style and problem-solving abilities. The nature and duration of each exercise will be explained through an assessment link, which you will receive via email from SKS.
- Simulations that place you into a mock “real life” work situation where you are asked to deal with the problems and challenges presented. The nature and duration of this exercise will be explained through an assessment link, which you will receive via email from SKS.
What should I do to prepare?
What kinds of questions will I be asked in the interview?
Individuals usually find the interview to be thorough and thought provoking. The interview will cover a range of topics including, questions about relevant developmental experiences, academic history, self-perceptions, motivations, your work habits, your management and leadership style, and a great deal about work and career related history.
Essentially, the interview is a chance for an SKS consultant to hear directly from you about your work experiences and background. The purpose is not to gather intimate details about anyone but rather to understand your history and background to better understand how you approach your work and how you function on the job.
Isn’t someone’s mental health a personal matter?
Why doesn’t the organization just use my track record?
How will the organization use the results?
How valid is the process?
Who receives the results?
How will I learn about the results?
Above are some of our most frequently asked questions about the assessment process. If you have any questions that are not addressed, you can call us directly at (952)926-9852. If you call after hours, please let us know how we can reach you and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us, and maintaining your trust and confidence is one of our priorities. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential. To learn more about our privacy notice, please follow the link: SKS Candidate Privacy Notice
The Power of Data-Driven Decisions
QUANTITATIVE AND MEASURABLE ROI
MEETING GROWTH GOALS YEAR OVER YEAR